You can activate your Axis Bank Debit card for international transactions online and use it for online/offline global payments. Only selected Axis Bank Debit cards support global payments and if your Debit card also supports this feature then you can allow international usage for your Debit card through net banking and mobile banking.
After enabling your Debit card for international transactions, you can use your card for international online payments, link your card with payments, and also use it offline.
Follow these two methods and enable your Axis Bank Debit card for international payments and transactions.
1. Activate International transactions for Axis Bank Debit card through Mobile Banking
Step 1: Open Axis Mobile Banking application and login.
Step 2: After login, tap and open “Debit Cards” section in Services.
Step 3: Next screen, click on “Manage usage”
Step 4: Next, select your Debit card and continue.
Step 5: Now select “International” and Switch ON. You can also set limits for international usage.
2. Enable Axis Bank Debit Card international usage through net banking
Step 1: Open Axis bank net banking and login into your account.
Step 2: After login, click on Accounts – My Debit Cards
Step 3: Next screen, select your Debit card and select “Manage Usage” in more services.
Step 4: And now, select “Yes” for (Enable your card for international transactions?) and select “ON” for (E-commerce Usage (Online) & submit. You can also set limits.
So by following these two methods Axis Bank customers can activate international usage for their ATM/Debit card. If your Debit still not working for international payments online/offline then you need to apply for a new international debit card.
Frequently Asked Questions
(1) How can I activate an Axis Bank debit card for international use?
Ans: You can activate international usage for your Axis Bank Debit card through mobile banking and net banking. Please follow the above steps.
(2) Why is my Axis debit card declining international transactions, even after I activated it for international use on their net banking site?
Ans: If your Axis Bank Debit card is for domestic use only then you can not use it for international payments. You need to apply for an international Debit card.
(3) Are there any extra charges if I activate the Axis Bank debit card for international use?
Ans: Yes, when you pay international payments, you will be charged according to bank exchange rates.
(4) Which Axis Bank Debit Cards best for international transactions?
Ans: Please visit Axis Bank Debit cards section to browse different debit cards.