Now you can close your Zerodha Demat account online from your phone. Yes, if you have an Aadhaar card number and Aadhaar registered mobile number then you can easily close your Zerodha account online by following the few steps and you don’t need to submit a physical account closure request.
Here we will tell you step by step process on how to close Zerodha Demat account online, follow these steps and submit an account closure request online:
Submit Zerodha Account Closure Request Online
Before you submit an account closure request, make sure your all dues are cleared and no negative balance in your account. Also, transfer or exit your all holdings (shares).
You can login to the Zerodha application (Kite) and close your account from the application. Please follow the below steps:
(1) Login to Zerodha Kite and tap on the User logo and then tap and open the “Profile” section.
(2) Now tap on “Manage Profile” option as you can see in the below image.
(3) Now you need to open the “Segments” section from the menu list.
(4) In the segments section, you can see “Close Account” option below.
(5) Now select the reason for account closure and type your feedback and proceed further.
(6) Next screen you need to complete e-KYC using your Aadhaar card number and OTP received on your Aadhaar registered mobile number. Select the e-KYC option then enter your Aadhaar number and click on Send OTP. Next screen, enter the OTP and submit.
That’s it your account closure request will be submitted and it will be processed within 72 hours. You will be notified by the mail whether your account has been closed or rejected.
Please note, if you are unable to complete e-KYC using your Aadhaar card number and OTP then you can not close your account online and you need to submit a physical account closure request.