SBI customers can enable/disable Online transactions for ATM/Debit card and control debit card usage for online payments and purchases. If your ATM Debit card is not active for online transactions then you can enable your card by login to mobile banking and net banking.
If you do not want to use your SBI ATM Debit card for online purchases and payments then you can disable online transactions for your SBI ATM/Debit card and secure your Debit card from unauthorized online transactions.
Here we will guide you, how to activate/deactivate online transactions for SBI ATM/Debit card.
1. Enable/Disable Online Transaction for SBI ATM Card
Open SBI Mobile Banking YONO Lite application and tap on the “manage Cards“ section.
In the services section, open the Manage Debit card option.
Now select your account and card number. To enable/disable online transactions for your SBI ATM card, just turn ON/OFF “e-Commerce (CNP) txns” option.
After disabling your SBI ATM/Debit card for e-commerce transactions, you can not use your card online for payments. If you want to use your card online then turn ON this option.
2. Activate/Deactivate Online Payments for SBI ATM/Debit Card using SBI YONO
You can also control online transactions for your SBI ATM card through SBI YONO application and activate/deactivate online payments for your Debit card.
Open SBI YONO application and tap on Service Request.
Next screen, select the ATM/Debit Card option.
Now open the Manage Card option.
And next, select your account number and card number. Now tap on Manage Usage and ON/OFF “E-commerce transactions“.
If you don’t use your ATM/Debit card frequently for online payments then you can keep e-commerce transactions OFF to secure your Debit card and whenever you need to use your ATM card for online payments, simply turn ON E-commerce transactions.
3. Enable/Disable Online Transactions for SBI ATM/Debit Card by SMS
You can also send an SMS from your bank registered mobile number to activate/deactivate online payments for your SBI ATM Card.
Send an SMS from your registered mobile number as below:
- To activate online transactions SEND “SWON<space>ECOM<space>last 4-digits of your Debit card number” and send to 092239 66666 (e.g: SWON ECOM 7979)
- To activate online transactions SEND “SWOFF<space>ECOM<space>last 4-digits of your Debit card number” and send to 092239 66666 (e.g: SWOFF ECOM 7979)
Frequently Asked Questions
(1) How to register my Sbi debit card for online payment?
Ans: You don’t need to register your SBI ATM Debit card for online payment. Just enable e-commerce transactions for your Debit card through mobile banking and SBI YONO. After enabling e-commerce transactions for your ATM card, you can use your card online for payments and purchases.
(2) Why is my SBI debit card not working online?
Ans: Because you have not enabled your Debit card for e-commerce transactions. Please activate your Debit card for online transactions by login to mobile banking and SBI YONO. Please read these steps mentioned above.
(3) Why is my SBI debit card not working online?
Ans: You have not activated your Debit card for online usage, please turn ON “e-commerce transactions” for your Debit card through SBI YONO lite or SBI YONO application.
(4) How to activate my existing SBI ATM card for online transactions?
Ans: You can activate/deactivate your SBI ATM card for online transactions by login to Mobile Banking or SBI YONO application. Please follow the above methods and activate your card for online transactions.
(5) Your sbi debit card is deactivated only for internet txn, why?
Ans: Because you have not used your ATM/Debit card online for a long time, so your Debit card deactivated for internet (online) transactions. You can activate it by following the above methods.